Today is 50 days from Thanksgiving. I can’t take credit for knowing that though, It was Cassie over at Back To Her Roots. In fact, most of this blog post is kind of taken form her, because her post really inspired me this morning.
Her post inspired me to meet 10 goals in 50 days. I know I can do this and telling the blog world will only help me stick to my guns on this! Now, Cassie is not vegan, but she does post quite a lot of vegan recipes. So while my goals will be very similar to hers, they will not be the same-specifically her #5. Goal, which is to eat at least 75 meatless meals. I do that anyways
So I want to lay out my goals:
1. Log at least 2000 fitness minutes. That means an average of 40 minutes per day. This one will actually be easier for me now than it would have been in the past; specifically because my husband and I recently rescued this handsome guy:
He’s the reason I’m late to work almost every day. He likes 2-3 walks a day and I’m definitely okay with that!
2. Walk or run 1000 miles. See above. THANK YOU CHANEY!!
3. Learn 10 yoga poses. I’ve never done any yoga, so this should be fun
4. Eat 250 servings of vegetables.
5. Eat 75 oil free meals.
6. Drink 500 8 ounce glasses of water. This WILL be a challenge. I really slack on water consumption.
7. Go at least 25 days without consuming any refined sugar.
8. Complete 25 random acts of kindness
9. Go 50 days without complaining about my body or anyone else’s. I have noticed that females in general are pretty guilty of criticizing the bodies of others. It’s not fair and it’s not okay. I don’t like it when people do it to me, I need to stop doing it myself.
10. Convince my husband to participate in Meatless Monday on a permanent basis. I know that goal is related to him, but if I’m pushy enough, he’ll do it
What does this have to do with vegan mofo? Oh, I’m not really sure, but I think it’s an excellent plan and I challenge anyone out there to try setting their own goals. Hey, if you’re not vegan, why not make it a goal to be vegan for the next 50 days?